Recently I started having performance issues navigating around folders in Windows 10. Folders were often slow to open and the context menu would often take 1-2 seconds to display.
Using the program ShellViewEx, I started disabling Context Menu type extensions to try and find one causing the slow downs. Turns out the culprit is the Google Backup & Sync (aka the new version of Google Drive) extension, named GDContextMenu. After disabling it performance is back to normal. Of course the downside of doing this is that you lose the context menu entries for accessing Google Drive functionality.
Hopefully Google releases a fix for this issue.